Model 14', 16', 18'
Popular models for the medium to large composters.
SCARAB Model 14′, 16′, 18′ Features
- Choice of width and height to match the required processing capacity
- Choice of standard drive system or pad saver model for toe-to-toe windrows
- Choice of Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit, and John Deer diesel engines from 190hp to 530hp
- Innovative, high-capacity radiator solves a problem plaguing the industry
- Choice of substantial track and tire drive systems to handle the most adverse pad conditions
- Choice of drum styles and size to match your feedstock(s) and operating and marketing goals
- Choice of hydraulic or belt driven drum
- Unmatched productivity and fuel efficiency simply unattainable with hydraulic driven drums
- Digital load controller is standard on all machines to ensure maximum power and fuel efficiency
- Time tested and proven heavy-duty frame and drive assemblies with patented independent suspension to “float” machine across varying terrain
- Open design for easy access and lower maintenance costs
- Spacious and ergonomic cab with panoramic view and 3 rear facing cameras.
- Intuitive joystick control simplifies training and operation
- The industry’s only limited lifetime warranty on the processing drum
- Affordable replacement and wear parts
- Fully lined rubber skirting in tunnel to control dust, prevent rust, and resist tunnel cleanup problems associated with steel tunnels
SCARAB Model 14′, 16′, 18′ Configurations
|14′||16′ x 7′||16′ x 8′||18′ x 7′||18′ x 8′|
|Case 450A 12″ or 14″||X||X|
|Half Tracks Case 450’S||X||X||X||X||X|
Standard Flail Drum Sizes
Auger Style Sizes
|Belt Drive Drums||X||X||X||X||X|
|Hydraulic Drum Drive||X||X||X||X||X|
|Legal Load Units||X||X||X|
|Variable Drum Control||X||X||X||X||X|
SCARAB Model 14′ 16′ 18′ Metrics & Standards
SCARAB Model 14′, 16′, 18′ Options
SCARAB is pleased to offer a number of options to enable you to customize the SCARAB with extras to create the machine best suited to the operating conditions and personal preferences. We have found differences in facility operation and location and provide a wide range of options. The following is a list and description of a number of our options available for every SCARAB machine. There are other options available which are not listed. SCARAB will work with you to develop the machine with all the required features of your operations.
Anti-Vandalism Package — We have heard of the amazing amount of damage that can occur when foreign substances are added to the system fluids. We have heard of instances where the machines have been vandalized. This is the reason we offer an anti-vandalism package which includes locking caps on all fluid reservoirs and fill openings. We cannot guarantee that the system will prevent any damage, but it definitely will help deter would-be vandals.
Automatic Fire Suppression System — There are times when facility owners want or require additional safety features on the equipment. The SCARAB can be equipped with an automatic fire suppression system as an added protection device.
Basic Spray System — For operations that require the application of chemicals or other additives to assist in the processing of the material, SCARAB offers a basic spray system. The incremental introduction of the additives can be applied during the turning process rather than having to be added manually at another time. This not only helps reduce the amount of time required, but also provides the immediate mixing of the additives with the material rather than applying it onto the top of the windrow. One application for this type of system that we have encountered is a couple of customers performing soil remediation. One in particular situation, the customer was having to spray the windrows manually which was laborious and time consuming. With this system, it can be done mechanically during a routine turning.
SCARAB Model 14′, 16′, 18′ Warranty
For U.S. and Canadian machines, engine manufacturers generally warrant engines for two years or 2,000 hours of operation. Extended coverage is available for up to five years or 10,000 hours, and may be purchased any time during the standard initial warranty period. ****For machines outside of the U.S & Canada, warranty information is available through the local engine distributor.
The rotating drum is covered by SCARAB’s limited lifetime warranty against breakage of the heavy duty flail brackets and shafts.
The balance of the machine is covered by SCARAB for one year against defects in materials and workmanship.