Scarab Odor Solution
Finally, an indoor solution made affordable
SCARAB's chemist and engineers have combined composting best practices with chemical industry best practices to provide operators with a practical, durable and AFFORDABLE odor capture solution. Almost all existing indoor solutions are unnecessarily complex, expensive, and highly cumbersome and often do not adequately contain the odors during the turning process therefore leading to community complaints, air quality citations, stiffer regulations and threat of closure. To date, engineering firms have sought to solve these problems by designing highly engineered solutions that fail a fundamental test: AFFORDABILITY.
SCARAB's seasoned scientists, engineers and financial experts, conducted a rigorous and BALANCED examination from several key perspectives (mechanical, chemical, environmental, biochemical and financial) to offer an indoor solution that is a realistically priced choice for composters in need of reducing odors and emissions by capturing VOCs. Operators processing materials such as food waste, kills, biosolids, grass clippings, leaves, and other high odor organics are sure to find this solution the best choice available in the market. In addition to odor control SCARAB's Odor Solution also provides the following benefits:
- Water recycling – SCARAB Odor Solutions captures virtually all the water vapor that is emitted in the composting process and returns it to the windrows thus self-watering and reducing the need to obtain water from diminishing aquifers or expensive utilities.
- Air exchange – SCARAB Odor Solutions provides the necessary air exchange to meet tough OSHA standards and to provide better visibility and a cleaner operating area for workers.
- Aeration without expensive blowers and ducts – SCARAB's inexpensive air movement system draws air in from the outside for adequate aeration during turning and composting.
- Reduction in Capital Expenditure – NO MORE LEACHATE POND MANAGEMENT or expensive padsite construction. SCARAB Odor Solutions eliminates the need for expensive leachate ponds and does not require concrete pads.
- Control – with protection from rain, snow, and wind operators have more control of the composting process.
- Vector Control – an enclosed system with odor capture helps avoid attracting unwanted pests such as rodents, birds, bears, coyote, etc.
- Emission reductions – SCARAB Odor Solution's capture system reduces emissions as it inexpensively scrubs the air collected in its vent system.
- Ease of permitting and alleviating community concerns – common concerns of regulators and your community are addressed with the capture of odors, elimination of leachate ponds, management of vectors and protection from environmental elements which threaten area water/water tables.
- Portability – our chemical resistant fabric buildings are easy to construct or disassemble for relocation on a pad site if necessary. Your SCARAB turner is designed to be easily transported by truck from location to location thus providing operators the most flexibility in operating multiple sites. Toe-to-toe windrows are an option with SCARAB's new space saving windrow turner.
- Custom design that scales to fit – our buildings can be sized to fit almost any operator specifications with width being the only limiting factor (maximum 150 ft). The buildings can be made as long as necessary. SCARAB turners are custom designed “to fit exactly what you need” and an almost infinite number of configurations are available to accommodate the specific needs of each operator.
For more information please contact Denise Winter at 806-883-7621.